- One Shiite martyred, six wounded in Pakistan blast
A roadside bomb blast martyred one Shiite Muslim and wounded six others travelling by mini-bus in an apparent sectarian attack in northwest Pakistan on Thursday, police said.
- Several hygienic projects underway in Grand Mosque
The Presidency of the Two Holy Mosques has undertaken a number of projects to allow visitors to worship at the Grand Mosque here in comfort when they come to the holy land, said Dr. Muhammad Bin Nasir Al-Khuzayyam, Deputy Chief of the Presidency.
- Gates: Iran war will be ineffective
US Defense Secretary Robert Gates has termed a military attack on Iran as ‘ineffective’ saying that it will fail to halt Tehran’s nuclear program.
- UAE torture prince threatens US nuke deal
Washington is having second thoughts about a nuclear deal with the UAE after a torture videotape involving an Abu Dhabi prince sent shock waves around the world.
- Israeli settlers attack Palestinian villagers
Armed Israeli settlers have attacked a village in the southern West Bank, inflicting considerable damage on Palestinian residential and agricultural property.
- UN court orders release of Hariri suspects
A UN tribunal has ordered the release of the four Lebanese generals held over the 2005 assassination of former prime minister Rafiq Hariri.
- Turkey jets target PKK in northern IraqTurkey jets target PKK in northern Iraq
Turkish warplanes have bombed a number of PKK positions in northern Iraq a day after the insurgents killed 10 Turk soldiers in an explosion.
- Turkey backs out of Gaza probe
Turkey fails in its efforts to bring the Israeli leadership to justice and is forced to drop an investigation into suspected Israeli war crimes against Gazans.
- Saudi minor granted divorce from man 47
An 8-year-old Saudi girl has been granted divorce from her 47-year-old husband after two appeals by a court in the city of Onaiza.
- Saudi Arabia grants text-message divorce
A Jeddah court finds a Saudi Arabian man’s act of divorcing his wife via text-message to be in compliance with the country’s law.