- Radio Programs Introducing Islam in Thailand
The World Association of Muslim Youth in Thailand is presenting radio programs featuring introduction of Islam.
- Taliban agrees to leave two strongholds in Pakistan
Taliban insurgents in Pakistan’s northwestern district of Lower Dir have reportedly agreed to leave two of the strongholds they captured in early April.
- Three US troops dead in spate of bombings
Three US soldiers have been killed in a roadside bomb attack near a market in southern Baghdad, the US military said in a statement.
- Israeli forces enter Gaza, kill two people
Israeli troops have once again entered the Gaza Strip, shooting dead two Palestinians north of the Kerem Shalom crossing.
- Saudi Imam trial sought over sectarian remarks
Up to 600 Shia clerics in eastern Saudi Arabia have called for the prosecution of Masjid al-Haram Imam Sheikh Adil Al-Kalbani for inciting hatred.
- Dera Ismail Khan blast kills five
An explosives-laden car in Pakistan’s troubled northwestern town of Dera Ismail Khan kills five people and injures 25 others.
- Hezbollah’s Growing Regional Role Piques Arabs
Arab governments are starting to see the fingerprints of Lebanon’s Hezbollah all over the Middle East, adding to their growing alarm over Iran’s power and a widening Sunni-Shiite rift.
- 4 arrested in plot to bomb NYC temple
The FBI arrested four men Wednesday in what authorities called a plot to detonate a bomb outside a Jewish temple and to shoot military planes with guided missiles.
- Azerbaijan to shut down 27 mosques
Azerbaijan is continuing to shut down mosques in a practice Muslims had suffered in Soviet era. Muslims in Baku will gather to perform Friday prayer at the mosque that is to be closed.