- Muslim chef loses tribunal case
A Muslim chef who accused the Metropolitan Police of religious discrimination when told he must handle pork has lost his tribunal case.
- Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah calls for death penalty for spies, beginning with Shia agents
Hezbollah Secretary General Sayyed Hasan Nasrallah affirmed: Spies and agents must be uncovered regardless of their religion or sect, family or town.
- Indonesian Muslim clerics: Using sites like Facebook can lead to pornography and obscenity
Indonesian Islamic clerics warned Muslims on Friday not to use popular Internet networking sites like Facebook for flirting or gossiping.
- Bahrain Lawmakers Call for Crackdown on Acohol and Western-Style Nightlife
Lawmakers in Bahrain are pressing for a wider ban in the tiny kingdom.
- Rocket hits Baghdad’s Green Zone
Suspected militants have shelled Baghdad’s fortified protected Green Zone A Katyusha rocket, causing an, Iraqi police says.
- Ahmadinejad slams rivals’ detente policy with West
President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad accused his moderate rivals in Iran’s June presidential vote of trying to weaken the Islamic state by wanting a policy of “detente” with the West, Fars news agency reported on Friday.