- Suicide bomber kills more than 40 Pakistanis in latest attack at Pakistani mosques
A Taliban suicide bomber killed more than 40 Pakistanis during an attack at a mosque in the district of Dir in the insurgency-infested Northwest Frontier Province.
- Iraqi Talabani, Hakim meet in Tehran
Iraq’s President Jalal Talabani met the Head of Supreme Iraqi Islamic Council (SIIC) Abdul Aziz Hakim in Tehran Sunday.
- Sixty percent schools in Swat destroyed: UN
In Swat, 60% schools have been destroyed, UN said quoting education department of NWFP.
- Iran executes terrorist leader’s brother
Two members of the Jundullah terrorist group who were involved in terrorism in Iran’s southeastern province of Sistan-Baluchestan have been executed.
- Mortar bomb hits Baghdad’s Green Zone
A mortar bomb has hit the heavily fortified Green Zone in the Iraq’s capital city of Baghdad where the government sites are located, the US military says.
- Lebanon dismantles 25 Israeli spy cells
Amid an ongoing crackdown on active espionage networks in Lebanon, Israeli cells are being dismantled one after the other throughout the country.
- Karzai invites Taliban to vote in election
As insurgency-hit Afghanistan prepares for upcoming presidential elections, Afghan President calls on anti-government groups to take part in the August poll.