- Pakistan militant faction scraps pact, vows attacks
PESHAWAR, Pakistan (Reuters) – Pakistani militants in a northwestern region have scrapped a peace deal with the government and vowed to launch attacks, threatening to open a new front against the army already fighting in two areas.
- Iran Upholds Disputed Ahmadinejad Victory
TEHRAN (AFP) â” Iran upheld President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad’s election victory despite massive opposition protests over what many branded a rigged poll that triggered the worst crisis since the 1979 revolution.
- Afghan guards working for US arrested
Kabul has detained more than 40 Afghan guards, who were on the payroll of the US military, after a deadly shootout left several police officers dead.
- Lebanon unmasks 4 al-Qaeda suspects
Beirut has identified four suspected al-Qaeda operatives and charged them with planning attacks in Lebanon and neighboring Syria.
- US withdrawal from cities brings joy to Iraq
Iraq is filled with joy as American troops hand security duties over to Iraqi forces and end their presence on the streets of the country’s towns and cities.
- Thirteen killed, 50 hurt in Italy railway blast
At least 13 people have lost their lives and nearly 50 others have been injured after two gas tanks on an Italian freight train exploded.
- Kosovo Hosts Meeting on âVirtues of Rajab, Shaâban and Ramadanâ
A meeting on âthe virtues of Rajab, Shaâban and Ramadan in Quranic Verses and Hadithsâ was held Sunday in Prizren, Kosovo.
- St Mary’s Catholic College turns away Muslim teacher wearing veil
A teacher was barred from joining students on a visit to a Roman Catholic sixth-form college because she refused a request to remove her Muslim veil.
- Tearful prayers offered by Muslims for rains
Hyderabad: Faced with a severe crisis due to the failure of monsoon, the people from different religious faiths in Andhra Pradesh were offering special prayers to seek divine help to invoke the rains.
- Pakistan announces rewards for Taliban chief, 10 other leaders
Pakistani government has announced rewards for tips leading to the capture alive or dead of 11 Taliban leaders and commanders, including Baitulalh Mehsood.