- Yemen announces ceasefire during Eid al-Fitr
Yemen said on Saturday it would halt operations for the Muslim holiday of Eid al-Fitr in a war with northern Shias that saw dozens die this week, prompting calls for the government to better protect civilians.
- 5 Iranians killed, 8 injured in Turkey bus crash
At least five Iranian people have lost their lives and eight others injured when an Iranian bus collided with a truck in Turkey.
- ‘Anti-sectarian violence’ Pakistani official killed
A bomb explosion at a mosque in northwest Pakistan has killed a popular official well-known for trying to curb sectarian violence in the country.
- Ex-opposition leader: Sana’a committing war crimes
Former leader of South Yemen Ali Salim al-Beidh has accused the Sana’a government of committing war crimes against Shia Muslim fighters in the north of the country.
- Iraq market explosion kills 7 near Baghdad
A car bomb attack has hit the town of Mahmudiyah just outside the Iraqi capital, killing seven people and leaving another 21 wounded.
- ‘3 killed’ in Nigeria’s Qods Day rallies
Three people have been reportedly killed and several others wounded after police opened fire on demonstrations held in support of Palestinians on the annual Qods Day.
- Iraq says no progress in talks with Syria
BAGHDAD (AP) – Talks between Iraq and Syria this week failed to resolve their dispute over Baghdad’s claims that Saddam Hussein loyalists living there funded cross-border attacks, a government spokesman said.
- Holocaust a myth: Ahmadinejad
TEHRAN – President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad called the Holocaust a lie on Friday, raising the stakes against Israel just as world powers try to decide how to deal with the nuclear ambitions of an Iran in political turmoil.
- Blasts kill Canadian, American soldiers in Afghanistan
One US and one Canadian soldier from the NATO-led International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) have reportedly lost their lives in separate roadside bombing attacks in southern Afghanistan.
- Rebels kill two policemen in Kashmir
SRINAGAR – Islamic militants have shot dead two policemen in a fresh outbreak of violence in restive Indian Kashmir, police said on Saturday.