- Chavez prepares Venezuela for ‘US-provoked war’
President Hugo Chavez says Venezuela must be ready to defend itself against what he called the US and Colombia’s gearing up for initiating a military conflict.
- 5 killed, 34 wounded in Baghdad school blast
A bomb in a school in the Baghdad Shiite neighborhood of Sadr City killed five people and wounded 34 on Monday.
- Saudi student kills Binghamton Religion Professor
A 46-year-old Binghamton University graduate student has been charged with killing his professor.
- India: Hindus and Muslims march together 17 years after the destruction of the Ayodhya mosque
The interfaith march wants to “send a message of peace and harmony”, recalling the death of over 2 thousand people. The aim of the organization is also to push the population to address crucial issues such as development. “
- US raid kills 12 civilians in east Afghanistan
More than a dozen people have been killed in a nighttime raid by US forces on a civilian house in Afghanistan’s eastern province of Laghman, witnesses say.
- 7 Turkish soldiers killed in suspected PKK attack
Suspected Kurdistan Worker’s Party (PKK) gunmen have attacked a military vehicle in northern Turkey, killing seven soldiers and wounding three others.
- Iraqi MP: Hashimi lost electoral law standoff
A top Iraqi lawmaker says the newly passed electoral law delivered a political blow to Vice President Tariq al-Hashimi, which was not reflected in his message.
- Highlight of African Shia Leader’s Speech on Ghadir Day + Pic
The Leader of the Islamic Movement in Nigeria, Sheikh Ibraheem Zakzaky, while congratulating thousands of believers who gathered at Fudiyyah Islamic Center (F.I.C), Zaria on Saturday 18th of Dhul hajj (5/12/09) to celebrate one of the important events in the history Islam, revisited the historic event and explained the its lessons and significance for the benefit of all.
- Iran Arrests 3 Iraqi Nationals for Smuggling Weapons
Iran declared on Saturday that it has arrested three Iraqi weapons smugglers in Arvandkenar district in the southwestern province of Khuzestan.