- British Muslims urged to act against growing anti-Muslim hatred
British Muslims are again urging Prime Minister Gordon Brown’s government to act against the growing waves of Islamophobia after another far-right demonstration descended into violence at the weekend.
- Yemen conference fails to achieve much
An international conference has been held in London to discuss a solution to the Yemen crisis amid ongoing tension in the country.
- Wahhabi radical clerics issued a statement against Shia Muslims + Picture
On 26 January 2010 the Saudi regime-backed religious establishment issued a strongly worded statement signed by 41 extreme Wahhabi clerics supporting al-Ureifi.
- Pakistan joins war against Shia Houthis in Yemen
Pakistan has reportedly sent an army combat unit to Yemen to join the war against the Shia fighters in the country’s north.
- Iran accuses Germany of planning Ashura riots
Iran’s Intelligence Ministry said Wednesday it has found evidence that German diplomats played a role in last month’s “anti-revolution riots” in Tehran.
- Iraq – Iranian Shia Buses attacked in Baqdad
Gunmen in a speeding car opened fire on Wednesday in the Iraqi capital at two buses carrying Iranian pilgrims, killing an Iranian woman and an Iraqi driver.
- Pakistan violence claims 3 children
At least three children have been killed and thirteen other people injured in bomb explosions in the north and south of violence-hit Pakistan.
- US favors return of ex-Ba’athists to power
A senior Iraqi official has warned that Washington supports the return of former Ba’ath party members to power in a bid to bolster security arrangements with Israel.
- Afghanistan says 15 militants killed in north
An Afghan official says 15 militants were killed in a joint air and ground assault with NATO forces in northern Afghanistan.