- Saudia Shias Demand Wahhabis to Open Mosques
Saudi Shia leaders appealed to the Saudi King Abdullah bin Abdulaziz to imediately lift the ban imposed on the establishment of prayers in Shia mosques, which was banned by the Sauid Interior Minister and Local Sauidi Administration of al-Khobar City in mid of 2008.
- France seeks to ban use of burqa
The French government is set to consider a controversial bill that bans Muslim women from wearing full-face veils known as burqa, in public places.
- Saudi Wahhabis ban Shia teacher from holy Mashhad visit
Saudi Wahhabi security officials have barred a middle-aged Shia school teacher from going on pilgrimage to the city of Mashhad in Iran to visit the shrine of the eighth Shia Imam.
- Bradford mosque wins ‘most beautiful minaret in Europe’ prize
Bradford’s Madni mosque, in northern England, has beaten 50 others to win the title of “Europe’s most beautiful minaret,” the European parliament was told Tuesday.
- Thousands Muslim in Moscow condemn extremism and terrorism
Thousands of Muslim residing in Moscow gathered in the city central square Tuesday afternoon and condemned extremist and terrorist activities.
- Baghdad recount may take two weeks
Baghdad–A recount of votes cast in Baghdad in Iraq’s inconclusive March 7 election is likely to be concluded within two weeks, a member of the Independent High Electoral Commission (IHEC) said on Wednesday.
- Young Muslim activists look at politics post-9/11
CHICAGO — Dana Jabri believes the only way for young Muslim Americans to move forward is by jumping into politics.
- Saudi religious cop denies firing for liberal views
RIYADH – A senior member of the Saudi religious police repeated on Wednesday his support for Muslim men and women mixing, and denied that his stance against strict separation rules had got him fired.
- Ammar al-Hakim, Khafaji discuss expected alliances to form upcoming cabinet
The head of the Political Committee of the Sadr Trend, Karar Khafaji, discussed the nature of the expected alliances to form the forthcoming cabinet with the head of the Supreme Iraqi Islamic Council, Syed Ammar al-Hakim.
- Volcanic ash cloud heading for Iran
Iran’s Geology Organization says a plume of volcanic ash from the Icelandic eruption, which has caused chaos across Europe, is heading towards the country.