- Majlis-e-Wahdate Muslameen to observe countrywide protest on Friday
Majlis-e-Wahdate Muslameen (MWM) Pakistan on Thursday announced to hold the countrywide protest on 23rd April against the genocide of Shia Muslims in Pakistan.
- Muslim students answer questions about Islam
Kansas, America — The Muslim Student Association will host the second day of its Islam Awareness Day exhibition on the lawn of Stauffer-Flint Hall.
- Belgium censured ban on burqas
The Human Rights Watch has criticized Belgium for planning to impose a ban on wearing veil, saying it violates the fundamental rights to freedom of religion.
- Turkmen Shi’a Visit Sultan Saqi Shrine
KIRKUK, Iraq — The 506th Air Expeditionary Group and the Kirkuk Provincial Reconstruction Team of the U.S. Embassy in Iraq assisted approximately 30 members of the predominantly Turkmen Shi’a community ….
- Muslim woman has right to maintenance, says HC
LUCKNOW: Lucknow Bench of the Allahabad high court, in a significant judgment, has ruled that a Muslim woman is entitled for maintenance pending litigation as well as payment of cost of litigation under the Family Courts Act, 1984.
- Unique all-Muslim election in east London
Over 70 Muslim candidates are standing in Britain’s general elections next month but one seat certain to elect a Muslim MP is Bethnal Green and Bow in East London.
- Hijabi schoolgirl expelled in Spain
A state-run school in Madrid has expelled a teenage girl for refusing to remove her Islamic hijab.
- Egypt acts against Brotherhood funding
Five members of Egypt’s main opposition group the Muslim Brotherhood have been charged with money laundering and raising funds abroad.
- Hundreds protest Baku mosque closure
Azerbaijan’s Supreme Court has postponed a ruling on whether the closure of a mosque in Baku should proceed, as hundreds of protesters gathered outside the court.
- Al-Qaeda kingpin arrested in Baghdad
Iraqi security forces have managed to arrest a senior military commander with links to the terrorist al-Qaeda network in the capital, Baghdad.