- Six jailed in United Arab Emirates for funding Taleban
Five Emiratis and one Afghan convicted of funding the Taleban and supporting terrorism have been jailed for up to four years in the United Arab Emirates.
- US panel names Saudi as one of 13 religious violators
Saudi Arabia and China are among 13 countries a U.S. government panel named on Thursday as serious violators of religious freedom.
- Islamic Radio to be Set Up in Ingushetia
Spiritual Board of Muslims of Ingushetia plans to set up Islamic Radio of the country.
- A Muslim woman should imitate Hazrat Zehra (s.a)
In charge of secretariat of supervision on cultural and artistic mosque societies of Gilan urged on imitation of women of Islamic community to Hazrat Fatima (s.a) in her behavior and style of life.
- Imam Sadeq (AS) Supreme Dar-ol-‘Ulum Opened in Herat
During a ceremony held on April 27, Imam Sadeq (AS) Supreme Dar-ol-‘Ulum was opened in Herat, Afghanistan.
- Yaqoob seeks to become first hijab-wearing MP in UK
Respect Party leader Salma Yaqoob is seeking to break new ground in Britain’s general elections next month by becoming the first hijab-wearing MP in the UK parliament.
- IOQM to Hold International Conference on Teaching the Holy Quran in Jeddah
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia — General Secretary of the International Organization for Quran Memorization (IOQM) has confirmed on Tuesday, April 27, that its organization will hold an international conference on teaching the Holy Quran starting from June 5 to 7, 2010 in Jeddah.
- Car bomb kills 8 in southwest Baghdad
At least eight people have been killed and 20 more others injured as an explosive-laden car was detonated near a liquor shop in a neighborhood in the Iraqi capital, Baghdad.
- Belgium MPs vote to ban burqa
The majority of Belgian lawmakers have voted to ban the wearing of the burqa in public, making it possible for the first clampdown of its kind in Europe.
- Iraq’s banned Baath holds public meeting in Syria
DAMASCUS – Iraq’s banned Baath party, booted out of power in the 2003 US-led invasion, held its first public meeting in the Syrian capital on Thursday.