- Iran to build third power plant in Syria
Iran is planning to build a 450-megawatt power plant in Syria, where Tehran has already constructed two other thermal power generation facilities.
- Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank to open branches in Iraq
Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank (ADIB) has unveiled plans to open a branch in Baghdad next month, becoming the first UAE bank to establish a presence in Iraq, The National has reported.
- Al Maliki warns against missile threats
Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri Al Maliki warned from Karbala against a regional and international project aiming a coup in Iraq.
- Pope: African church must work with Islam
VATICAN CITY — Pope Benedict XVI told a delegation of African bishops the Roman Catholic Church on the continent must work with Muslims and members of other religions.
- Media should get Islam right
Rabat – Given the amount of violence and instability in countries with Muslim majorities, such as Iraq and Afghanistan, some people mistakenly assume the violence stems from Islamic teachings, when in fact Islam does not condone such actions. The media does not help the matter, often focusing on the activities of terrorists who claim to be Muslims, instead of identifying these individuals as criminals and shedding light on the true essence of Islam.
- One week to make difference at UK elections, Muslims told
Muslims attending Jumuah prayers in Britain Friday were being told that they have just one week left to make a difference in the result of the country’s general elections on May 6.
- Haddad-Adel: Persian Gulf will remain Persian Gulf forever
Persian Gulf is a historical name and those trying to distort its name will get nowhere, said chairman of Majlis cultural Commission Gholamali Haddad-Adel.
- German Muslim leader rejects burqa ban
A German Muslim leader voiced strong opposition to a Belgian-style burqa ban in his country, the Cologne-based daily Koelner Stadt-Anzeiger said in a report to hit the newsstands on Saturday.
- Sisters Forum of Shia Islamic Movement in Nigeria organises one-day conference + Pic
A one- day conference organised by the Sisters Forum of the Islamic Movement in Nigeria was held in Kano on Sunday the 25th of Aril 2010. The conference attended by multitudes of female members of the Movement is aimed at redirecting their thinking towards a sound ideology of the Islamic Movement.
- Statement of Ahl ul Bayt World Assembly on Discrimination against Saudi Shia Muslims
Unfortunately, pressures and difficulties against the followers of the Ahl al-Bayt (‘a) have recently intensified in Saudi Arabia.