- Islam Encourages Effective Role for Women
Iranian Majlis Speaker Ali Larijani said Saturday that the Hijab (Islamic dress code for women) does not prevent women from playing an active role in society.
- Academic: Many Westerners now interested in studying Islam
A recent study has shown that many westerners have become interested in studying Islam comprehensively to find answers to questions related to nature, an Islamic acedemic said.
- German MP calls for burqa ban across Europe
The vice president of the European Parliament has called for a burqa ban across Europe following a controversial move by Belgium to ban full-body veil garments on the grounds that they violate basic security.
- Qur’an competition winners honored in Saudi Arabia
JEDDAH, Saudi Arabia – The winners of the Holy Qur’an virtues competition were honored at a function at Red Sea Mall here Thursday evening.
- Blast leaves 7 dead in Afghanistan
A powerful bomb blast has killed 7 people and injured 14 others in southeastern Afghanistan amid escalating violence in the war-weary country.
- Iran’s Majlis backs further Algeria ties
Iran’s Parliament (Majlis) Speaker says Tehran-Algiers ties are on track and Iranian lawmakers support expansion of such ties in political, economic and cultural spheres.
- Scotland – Airport police accused of spy trap on Muslims
Special Branch has been accused of using stop and search powers to recruit Muslims as spies for the state at Scottish airports.
- Iran makes heart bio-implants
Iran has launched the production line of cardiovascular bio-implants material seeking to save thousands of lives, the country’s minister of industries and mines says.
- Militant Taliban-Linked Leader Arrested in Pakistan
Pakistan’s security forces have arrested a militant leader of the Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) in the country’s southern city of Karachi, Press TV has learned.
- Awareness on Muslim personal laws
BANGALORE: The All India Muslim Personal Law Board (AIMPLB) organised a seminar on Saturday at Darul Uloom Sabeelur Rashad Arabic College to bring about awareness about Muslim Personal Law.