- Fatwa to working Muslim women: Don’t talk to male colleagues
The largest Muslim seminary in India, Darul Uloom of Deoband, has issued a fatwa against working Muslim women, saying working with men is not Islamic.
- 10 wounded in Khost school blast
Ten people have been injured in an explosion inside a school in Afghanistan’s southeastern Khost province, near the country’s mountainous border with Pakistan.
- Qaradawi warns European countries for Hijab ban
Qatar-based Islamic scholar Sheikh Yousuf al-Qaradawi urged those European countries which are considering outlawing the full veil (niqab) to review their plans, saying that a wider ban on niqab might prompt clerics to campaign for imposing a “modest dress code” on foreigners living in Muslim countries.
- Kabul-Mashhad flight hijacking fails
An Ariana Afghan Airlines has landed in Iran safely following a passenger’s attempt to hijack and crash the plane on its way from Kabul to the city of Kandahar.
- Manuscript stolen from Iranian Masjid
An ancient manuscript has been stolen from a historical mosque in the city of Shiraz in southern Iranian Fars province.
- Wahabi Terrorists killed Shia Doctor in Karachi
Terrorists of outlawed Wahabi Organization on Monday night martyred Shia Doctor Haider Abbas at Metrovil III in Karachi.
- Several killed in fresh Yemeni violence
Several Yemeni soldiers and Houthi fighters have been killed in fresh clashes between government forces and fighters in the country, a security official says.
- Gulf leaders meet in Riyadh for informal summit
Leaders of six Gulf states met for an informal summit in Riyadh on Tuesday to discuss the Mideast peace process, relations with Iran and other key issues facing the region.
- Muslim man’s wedding void if woman fails to convert: HC
Allahabad, May 11 (PTI) The Allahabad High Court has held that a Muslim man’s marriage to a woman of another religion shall be considered void and against the tenets of Islam if he fails to get her converted to the religion before wedlock.
- U.S. missiles kill at least 24 in Pakistan
U.S. drone aircraft killed at least 24 suspected militants in two attacks on Tuesday in Pakistan’s North Waziristan, a major al Qaeda and Taliban sanctuary.