- Blast leaves 18 Shia worshippers wounded in Iraq
Eighteen worshippers were wounded when an improvised explosive device (IED) went off near a Shiite mosque north of al-Hilla city on Friday, a local police source said.
- Quran Contest for Children in Tatarstan
A Quran competition for children will be held this weekend in the Russian Republic of Tatarstan, info-islam reports.
- Pakistan religious leader slams Europe ‘Hijab’ ban
A senior Pakistani religious leader Friday slammed ban on Islamic veil and mosques minarets in some European countries and described the ban as an organized conspiracy against Islam and the Muslims.
- 80% of Iranian Students Demand Quran Interpretation Be Instructed in Universities
According to research studies, 84% of university students believe that Quran interpretation must be taught in universities.
- Cleric paid the price for being Muslim?
After more than a day at Delhi’s Tihar jail, and intense humiliation, Nurul Huda, an Islamic scholar is now a free man.
- The unknown Muslim
Ever since the publication of the Sachar report, there has been considerable discussions about the socio-economic conditions of Indian Muslims.
- Qazvin named ECO calligraphy capital
The city of Qazvin in western Iran has been selected as the calligraphy capital of the Economic Cooperation Organization by ECO member states
- ‘Inept’ US cannot fix Afghanistan: top Saudi prince
RIYADH – An “inept” United States cannot fix Afghanistan’s problems and should simply focus on “chasing the terrorists” there, former Saudi intelligence chief Prince Turki al-Faisal said on Saturday.
- Several hurt in Yemen road ambush, clashes
ADEN – Several soldiers and militants were wounded in clashes in southern Yemen after gunmen ambushed a military convoy on Saturday, a Yemeni official told Reuters.
- Iraq’s Sadrists say Maliki can remain as PM
NAJAF – The political bloc of Iraqi cleric Moqtada al-Sadr said on Saturday it had dropped its veto of Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki keeping his job, eliminating a major hurdle to him staying in office