- 6th World Islamic Economic Forum opens
The sixth edition of World Islamic Economic Forum (WIEF) convention, to be opened on Tuesday in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia is focusing on bridging the gap between Muslim and non-Muslim worlds through business.
- Suicide bomber kills at least 18 in Afghan capital
KABUL – A Taliban suicide car bomber attacked a NATO-led military convoy during rush hour in the Afghan capital on Tuesday, killing 12 Afghan civilians and six foreign troops, including five Americans, officials said.
- Ayatollah Zeyn-ol Abeddin Warns Azerbaijan’s President on Demolishing Shia Mosques
Prominent Shia Cleric, Ayatollah Zeyn-ol Abeddin Ghorbani,warned Azerbaijan President Ilham Aliyev on demolishing Shia mosques in Azerbaijan and asked him to immediately stop the demolishing of Shia mosques in the country. He referred to the condition of Shia Masjids in Azerbaijan during Friday prayer.
- Polio outbreak reported in Tajikistan
The increasing number of polio cases in Tajikistan has resulted in the first outbreak of the disease in the polio-free zone based on the World Health Organization (WHO) data.
- Imam al-Hussain (as) Center held commemoration for Lady Fatima al-Zahraa (as) in California
Imam al-Hussain (as) Center held a three day commemoration for the martyrdom of Lady Fatima al-Zahraa (as) in Bell, California.
- Ahlul Bayt Islamic Mission organized 2 day majlis on martyrdom anniversary of Hazrat Fatima (as) in London + Pic
Ahlul Bayt Islamic Mission (AIM) organized a 2-day majlis, commemorated the martyrdom of the beloved daughter of the Prophet of Islam, Fatimat Al-Zahra [a] entitled ‘The Oppressed Fatima – Status, Merits & Legacy’.
- Pakistani police: A Big Terrorist Group planning to target Shia leaders
LAHORE: Pakistan Intelligence agencies have warned that the banned terror organisation, Lashkar-e-Jhangvi (LJ), has reorganised itself and formed two new subgroups – Jhangvi Fidai Force (JFF) and Sunni Fidai Force (SFF) – to target Shia leaders and police officials across the country, sources told Daily Times.
- Shiite coalition forms committees to put the new government’s program
Iraq: Shiite coalition of Dawlat al-Qanoon Alliance and the Iraqi National Alliance (INA) formed committees to put the new Iraqi government’s program.
- Press conference of Organizing Committee of Shia Shohada-e Balochistan
A press conference was arranged by Organizing Committee of Shia Shohada-e-Balochistan at Punjabi Imam Bargah, Alamdar Road Quetta.