- Saudis to CUT-OFF Wahhabis ‘Chaotic Fatwas’
Radical Islamic decrees out of hand in Saudi Arabia, religious authorities say
- Pakistan blocks YouTube over blasphemous cartoons
Pakistan has blocked the popular video sharing website YouTube in a bid to contain “blasphemous” material, officials are saying.
- Jakarta to ask for halt to prophet drawing contest
Following the publication by Danish newspaper Jyllands-Posten of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) cartoons that sparked protests in the Muslim world in September 2005, another group, Everybody Draw Mohammed Day, is now holding a drawing contest depicting the face of the prophet of Islam.
- Muslim Family migrate to Bienne because of head scarf ban
A Swiss Muslim Family decided to migrate to Bienne because of head scarf ban in Schaffhausen city.
- WIEF to host Economic Summit, eyes further development of Muslim nations
KUALA LUMPUR — The sixth edition of the World Islamic Economic Forum, or WIEF, drew to a close in the Malaysian capital on Thursday with a resolve to explore with Muslim leaders a plan to hold an Economic Summit to develop practical ways in which Muslim countries can enhance their economic growth.
- Karbala Seminar in Turkey
An international seminar on the event of Karbala will begin today, May 20, in the city of Sivas in the Central Anatolia region of Turkey.
- Malaysia to issue first Islamic bonds in eight years
Prime Minister Najib Razak yesterday said Malaysia will issue its first Islamic dollar bonds, or sukuk, in eight years, with analysts suggesting it is aiming to raise up to a billion dollars.
- UK keen to boost Islamic finance
Prince Andrew, the Duke of York and the UK’s Special Representative for International Trade and Investment, has said that London was set to play a major role in the growth and further progress of the Islamic finance sector.
- MWM Seminar on Hazrat Fatima Zehra (SA) in Karachi
Bibi Fatimah (SA) stands as the torch bearer to humanity”, said Noted Cleric Maulana Mazhar Kazmi – Central leader of Majlis-e-Wahdat-e-Muslimeen (MWM) , in a seminar on “Sayyeda Fatimah Zehra (S.a)” held under Majlis-e-Wahdat-e-Muslimeen Karachi.