- Tropical Cyclone Hubert devastates Shia community – Madagascar
On 10 March 2010, tropical Cyclone Hubert struck the south-east coast of Madagascar between Tamatave and Mananjary, about 700 kilometres south east of the capital Antananarivo.
- Turkey to Host Int’l Conference on “Islam’s Role in Women’s Life”
An international conference on “Islam’s Role in Women’s Life” is set to be held on May 27-28 in Istanbul by the Turkey’s Woman Activists Society.
- Iraq dissolves Iraqi Airways over Kuwait dispute
Iraq’s government has dissolved state-owned Iraqi Airways over a decades-old financial dispute dating back to Saddam Hussein’s invasion of his oil-rich neighbor Kuwait.
- Bangladesh, Indonesia, Iran top disaster risk rankings
PARIS- Bangladesh, Indonesia and Iran are the countries that are the most vulnerable to natural disasters, according to a study released on Thursday.
- Al-Iraqiya nearing collapse: Report
A member of the Iraqi Turkmen Front (ITF) suggests that former Iraqi Prime Minister Iyad Allawi’s al-Iraqiya alliance is on the brink of collapse, a report says.
- UN confident, yet concerned at Iraq
The UN has expressed confidence that Iraq will soon see a new government but says voiced concern over a recent hike in violence and a heavy toll on Iraqi civilians.
- Iran terms Karabakh vote illegitimate
Iran has not recognized as legitimate the so-called parliamentary elections in the disputed region of Nagorno-Karabakh, the Iranian Foreign Ministry says.
- Feds to investigate anti-Muslim activity at Minnesota schools
The U.S. Department of Education is investigating anti-Muslim activities at public schools in Owatonna and St. Cloud, according to the Minnesota Chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations
- Iran to launch 3 more satellites
Three Iranian satellites are on the waiting list to be catapulted into outer space as Iran continues to make major strides in the space industry.
- Haj panel ruled ‘out’
In a first, none of the top members of the Haj Committee of India, including its chairperson, will organise this year’s Haj, the annual Muslim pilgrimage, following a Delhi High Court order.