- Berlin bars Muslim boy from prayers
A German court has rejected a legal bid by a 16-year-old Muslim student to have the right to conduct prayers at his school, reports say.
- Are Berlin’s Muslims a Model for Integration?
Far from living in closed-off communities, Muslims in Berlin’s Kreuzberg district live in a culturally diverse area. However, a new report finds that they still suffer from high levels of discrimination, particularly within the city’s school system.
- Afghan demonstrators condemn insults against Islamic values
Hundreds of Afghan people have staged rallies, strongly condemning insults against sacred Islamic values.
- German school administration dismisses teacher for wearing Hijab
The German Schmidt school administration in occupied Jerusalem prevented a Palestinian female teacher from entering the school because of wearing a Hijab.
- Lahore attacks death toll hits 80
Violent clashes in the eastern Pakistani city of Lahore have claimed the lives of at least 80 people, leaving dozens of others injured.
- Wahabi terrorists kill Shia Youth in Karachi
The Notorious outlawed sipah-e-sahaba Martyred shehzad Hussain, 2 injured. Sipah-Yazeed Martyred shehzad Hussain at orangi town Imam Bargah when their convoy was returning from a demonstration held at nagan chowrangi.
- Govt must take care of Urdu schools: Muslim league
BELGAUM: The Belgaum district unit of Indian Union Muslim League (IUML) has charged the government and the education department with neglecting government and aided Urdu schools while providing the infrastructure.
- Mumbai teacher quits after fatwa
Just days after the seminary invited the wrath of liberal Muslims and civil society in general, forcing it to reword the fatwa, a case has come to light where a college teacher has quit her job citing the edict.
- UN: over 17,000 Somalis uprooted in capital in May
GENEVA (AP) – The U.N. refugee agency says over 17,000 people have been driven from their homes in the capital of Somalia this month by heavy fighting between government forces and rebels.
- Muslim reservation: Centre studying Kerala model
Union Minister Salman Khursheed said the Centre was studying Kerala and Karnataka models for extending the reservation to backward Muslims.