- Whole Village in France Converted to Shia Islam
He (Muhammad) continued to say that his villages in France has converted to Islam and followed the creed of Ahl al-Bayt (peace be upon them), explaining that the village embracement of the Islamic religion and the doctrine of the prophet’s household members was due to Dr (Mohamed Tijani).
- “The Messenger of Grace” released in French
“The Messenger of Grace” a book by Seyyed Ali Mir-Sharifi has been rendered into French by Farideh Mahdavi Damghani. The book is published by SAMT (The Organization for Researching and Composing University Textbooks in the Humanities).
- Hazrat Fatima (AS) Birth Anniversary to Be Celebrated in Turkey
The auspicious occasion of birth anniversary of Hazrat Fatima Zahra (AS) will be celebrated in a ceremony today, May 30, in Istanbul.
- Producing More Books on History of Islam, Muslim Communities Urged
More books on the history of Islam and Muslim communities in South East Asia should be produced to create awareness among future generations, said Malaysian prime minister’s wife, Datin Seri Rosmah Mansor.
- Saudi moves to cut Muslim burials in holy cities
Saudi Arabia’s interior ministry has moved to halt the increasingly popular practice of Muslims seeking burial in the holy cities of Mecca and Medina, a Saudi newspaper said Saturday.
- Seminar Held in Qom on “Hadith Studies and Teaching Methods in Turkey”
Holy city of Qom, Iran — A seminar on Hadith studies and methods of Hadith teaching in Turkey was held in Qom on May 26 with presence of Turkish and Iranian scholars and experts of Dar-ol-Hadith Institute.
- Maliki discusses new gov’t with Grand Ayatollah Sistani
Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki met with Grand Ayatollah Ali al-Sistani in the holy city of Najaf Saturday to discuss the political process and the formation of a new government.
- US to exhibit Islamic calligraphy
The Michael C. Carlos Museum is set to hold an exhibition of Islamic calligraphy, showcasing works from the 17th through the 20th centuries.
- British far-right group plans anti-Muslim campaign
London, May 30 (PTI) A British ‘anti-Muslim’ far-right group plans to step up a provocative campaign against the minority community in the UK, fueling fears of widespread unrest and violence in the country.
- Iraq gov’t bank managers arrested, $360m missing
BAGHDAD – Three managers of state-owned Iraqi banks have been arrested on suspicion of using bogus transfers to siphon off billions of dollars of government money to invest in private business