- One Legacy Radio reaches out ‘to Muslims first
One Legacy Radio, an online radio station that discusses all things Islam by a group of highly talented Muslim professionals, is a dream come true for its co-founder, Nour Mattar and for the Muslim community nationwide.
- Rise of Islamic Finance in Russia
There is no doubt of the potential for Islamic finance in Russia and the CIS countries, but the major stumbling block is the absence of enabling legislation and a regulatory framework to facilitate Islamic financial products such as Murabaha, Ijara and sukuk.
- Gang steals $5.5 million from Iraq bank near the holy Shiite city of Najaf
Robbers broke into a branch of state-owned Rafidain bank with the help of a guard and stole 5.5 million dollars near the holy Shiite city of Najaf in southern Iraq, a local official said,
- Book on Prophet’s (SAWA) Life to Be Taught in Russian Schools
A book on the Holy Prophet’s (SAWA) life will be taught at elementary and secondary schools in Russia.
- 42 Taliban Terrorist militants killed in Orakzai
A militant commander and 42 suspected Taliban Terrorist militants have been killed in airstrikes in Pakistan’s Upper Orakzai Agency.
- Pakistan : Husainiyah of Wali-e-Asr Under Attack of Wahhabi insurgent
Karachi, Pakistan — Attack on Imambargah (Husainiyah) 9 injured Terrorists of Sipah-e-Sahaba (Wahhabis) have attacked on Imambargah Wali-ul-Asr in Korangi area Karachi resulting 9 momineen injured. This incident occurred between Monday and Tuesday night
- Manila: prestigious French Legion completes mosque’s rebuilding
Manila — The prestigious French Legion of Honor and National Order of Merit Association have re-elected as co-presidents French Ambassador Thierry Borja de Mozota and former Speaker Jose de Venecia Jr., who announced completion of the rebuilding of the first Muslim mosque built in Tawi-Tawi.
- Karachi : Another Shia Man killed by the SSP terrorist
Karachi : Another Shia man gunned down apparently on sectarian target killingnear Inquiry Office Nazimabad by the terrorist of banned outfit Sipah e sahaba (Nasbi’s) in the limits of Rizvia Police station.
- Troops re-capture Afghan district from Taliban
KABUL – Afghan commandos and NATO troops recaptured a remote district near the Pakistan border overrun by the Taliban last week, NATO and the government said Tuesday
- Taliban reject Karzai peace offering
Taliban militants in Afghanistan have turned down an offer by President Hamid Karzai to attend a national peace conference in the Afghan capital of Kabul.