- Sri Lanka: Jaffna Grand Mosque reopens after 20 years
The Jaffna Grand Mosque was reopened for the Muslim community after 20 years.
- Indonesian Muslims Protest against Obama’s Plan to Visit Indonesia
Indonesia- About 500 Indonesian Muslims from some Islamic organizations gathered on Wednesday protesting the visit of US President Hussein Obama in the midst of June this year.
- Turkish Shia Muslims celebrate birthday anniversary of Sayyeda Zahra(PBUH)
The Iranian Cultural Center in Turkey will hold a ceremony today in celebration of the birth anniversary of Hazrat Fatemeh Zahra (SA), Prophet Mohammad’s (SAWA) beloved daughter.
- Shia Muslims in Texas celebrate birthday anniversary of Sayyeda Zahra(PBUH)
Texas — Shia Muslims in Austin celebrate the birthday anniversary of Sayyeda Zahra(PBUH) on 3 June 2010.
- Karachi:- Shia Doctor Hassan Haider embrace Shahadat
Dr Syed Hassan Haider Bukhari, 35, was martyred by terrorists of outlawed outfit Sipah-e-Sahaba (Nasibi’s) in Kalpul area near Defence Society, Karachi.
- Fatima (A.S.): the Mother of Her Father
Abu-Faraj al-Isfahani in his Isnad narrated from Imam Sadiq (a.s) from his father: “Verily, Fatima (s.a) was surnamed ‘Omme Abiha’.
- Bangladesh fire kills up to 104, injures over 100
A devastating fire raced through several apartment complexes in the Bangladeshi capital, killing more than 100 people and injuring just as many, local media reported on Friday.
- To right wrongs, Cong may field Muslims for RS
NEW DELHI: Congress is under pressure to field a Muslim for Rajya Sabha from Rajasthan amid rising concern that more and more states are seeing a dipping winnability quotient of minority candidates and skewing plural representation in Parliament.
- Kenyan Islamic bank Gulf says swings to Q1 profit
Kenyan Islamic bank Gulf African posted a pretax profit of 25 million shillings ($312,500) in the first three months of the year, putting it on course for its first full-year profit, its chief executive said on Thursday.