- Parachinar: Another GAZA in Pakistan.
The three-year Long blockade of Parachinar has deprived the territories’ half a million residents of food, fuel, medicines and other necessities.
- Cameras installed to track Muslims in UK city
About 150 automatic number plate recognition cameras (ANPRs) have been installed in two predominantly Muslim areas of Britain’s second biggest city Birmingham from the government’s anti-terrorism fund, it was reported Saturday.
- Islamic Society of Western Mass. hopes to buy 15 acres in Belchertown for Muslim cemetery
BELCHERTOWN – A local Islamic group is hoping it will not meet any anti-Muslim sentiment as it seeks approvals to site a cemetery in a rural plot off Washington Road.
- Pro-Allawi Election Candidate Shot Dead in Iraq
MOSUL, Iraq (AFP) – A member of ex-premier Iyad Allawi’s political bloc was gunned down in his home near the main northern city of Mosul on Saturday, a security official said.
- Fund Managers begin to Take Iraqi Investment Gamble
MUMBAI/LONDON, (Reuters) – A few bold fund managers are betting on the reconstruction of war-ravaged Iraq to tap into a market potentially worth billion of dollars.
- Cyclone Phet kills 15 in Oman
MUSCAT – Cyclone Phet killed 15 people and left two missing in Oman before barrelling towards Pakistan, a civil defence force official said on Saturday.
- Red Crescent to ship 926 tons of dates in charity
Abu Dhabi — In implementation of the directives of President H.H. Shaikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan The Red Crescent Authority (RCA) has started the shipment of dates to fraternal and friendly countries for distribution during the month of Ramadan.
- Sky’s the limit for Muslim women in Kanodar
Aalmin is an example of the progressive outlook of the Shia Muslim community of the village, which comprises 90 per cent of the population. She scored 93.69 per cent marks.
- Mahuva residents show the way in communal harmony
RAJKOT: To spread the message of communal harmony, a combined religious discourse of Hindu and Muslim religions has been organised in Mahuva town of Bhavnagar district.
- Headscarf case: Court issues summons to principal
Alappuzha (PTI) A local court today issued summons to suspended principal of a church-run school in a case relating to issuance of Transfer Certificate (TC) to a Muslim girl for wearing headscarf while attending classes.