- OIC shows interest in Brunei’s halal guidelines, may adopt as standard
THE world’s first halal pharmaceutical guidelines by Brunei has evinced the interest of the Organisation of the Islamic Conference (OIC) which could possibly adopt the standard.
- African Shia Leader’s speech on Az-Zahra (AS)’s Birthday
The Shia Islamic Movement in Nigeria organizes Birthday Anniversary of the Leader of all Women of the Worlds Sayyidah Az-Zahra(AS).
- Quran Recitation Competition Held in Jeddah
Madrasa Abu Bakr Bin Hafs organized an Inter-Madrasa Recitation Competition in Jeddah recently.
- US cluster bombs killed 55 in Yemen’
Amnesty International says the United States used cluster bombs on a cruise missile in Yemen, killing 55 people, most of whom were civilians.
- Bombs Kill 6 in Iraqi Capital, Including Policemen
BAGHDAD, (AP) – A car bomb exploded outside a Baghdad police station Sunday in the deadliest of a pair of attacks that killed six people in the Iraqi capital, security and hospital officials said.
- Cyclone Phet lashes Pakistan
PAKISTAN – Heavy rains and strong winds continued to lash the southwestern coast of Pakistan early Sunday as Cyclone Phet approached landfall, according to CNN.
- Karzai orders review of Afghan detentions
(Reuters) – Afghan President Hamid Karzai on Sunday ordered a review of all cases of suspected insurgents in jails in Afghanistan and called for the release of those being held without sufficient evidence.
- Muslim board assails CBI on Babri masjid issue
The All India Muslim Personal Law Board (AIMPLB) on Sunday assailed the CBI for adopting dilly-dallying tactics in Babri Masjid demolition case. The board has also expressed its displeasure over controversial Central Waqf Bill 2010.
- Muslim body ropes in mosques for water conservation campaign
In a unique initiative, a Muslim body here has launched an awareness drive on water conservation beginning from mosques.