- The most modern Masjid in the World designed by a woman! + PIC
Şakirin Mosque is located at one of the entrances to Karacaahmet Cemetery in Üsküdar, Istanbul. It was built by the Semiha Şakir Foundation in memory of İbrahim Şakir and Semiha Şakir and opened on 7 May 2009. It is the most modern mosque in Turkey.
- Bank Islam To Tap Potential Markets For Pawnbroking Services
KOTA BAHARU, June 16 (Bernama) — Bank Islam Malaysia Bhd plans to tap potential markets like Terengganu, Kedah, Perlis, Pahang and Kuala Lumpur for the Islamic pawnbroking services or Ar-Rahnu, managing director Datuk Seri Zukri Samat said Wednesday.
- The Sovereign Debt Crisis and Islamic Banking
Riyadh, Asharq Al-Awsat- No sooner had the world begun to pick up the pieces in the wake of the US subprime mortgage crisis than another emerged, namely the sovereign debt crisis, which is something that I warned against in previous articles.
- Iraqi Conjoined Twins to Undergo Surgery in Saudi
NAJAF, Iraq, (AP) – Iraqi conjoined twins were to be flown in coming days to Saudi Arabia to undergo separation surgery after the Saudi king offered to pay for the operation, officials said Tuesday.
- Iraqi Officials say Bombs Kill 1, Wound 8 People
BAGHDAD, (AP) — Two separate blasts in eastern Baghdad Wednesday killed one person and wounded eight people, Iraqi police and hospital officials said.
- Iran foils terrorist attacks in Tehran
Iran’s Intelligence Minister Heydar Moslehi says the country has foiled a plot by the terrorist Mojahedin Khalq Organization (MKO) to carry out bomb attacks in Tehran.
- Turkish scientists dig Muslim mass graves massacred “by Armenian gangs” + Photo
Scientists have exhumed pieces of human bones alledgedly showing massacre of Muslim Turks by Armenians in the eastern province of Erzurum
- Reciters, Memorizers from 70 Countries Invited to Iran’s Int’l Quran Contest
Invitations have been sent to 70 countries by the Awqaf and Charity Affairs Organization to introduce their representatives for Islamic Republic of Iran’s 27th international Quran competition.
- Iran: Quranic Plan to Be Implemented in 25000 Mosques
A Quranic plan titled “Telavat-e-Nour” (The Recitation of Light) is slated to be held in 25000 mosques all across the Iran cities, said an official with the Culture and Islamic Guidance Ministry.
- Indonesia: Cost of Muslim pilgrimage to be reduced
The Indonesian government is planning to reduce the cost of the hajj pilgrimage, one of the pillars of Islam, to enable more Muslims to travel to Saudi Arabia. Religious affairs minister Suryadharma Ali said a key house of representatives committee had met Garuda Airlines in a bid to cut the transportation costs.