- Grand Sheikh meets US Muslim communities’ representative
Ahmed el-Tayyeb, the grand sheikh of Al-Azhar, met yesterday with Farah Pandith, special representative to Muslim Communities for the US State Department.
- Coventry farmer defends bacon substitute for Muslims
A Coventry farmer has insisted he is reacting to demand from traders in trying to give Muslims a taste of pork by producing bacon-style rashers from halal-slaughtered turkeys.
- Iran to participate in “Russia and Islamic World” confab in Moscow
Iran’s Ayatollah Taskhiri heading a delegation will participate in the International Conference titled “Russia and Islamic World” to be held in Moscow in late June.
- Iraq’s Shi’ite-led groups edge closer to government
Iraq’s two main Shi’ite-led electoral blocs have agreed to rein in the power of the prime minister, party officials said.
- Shia killings in Karachi are a handiwork of Pakistan’s spy agency
While the ISI’s connections with the terrorists of Taliban and Sipah-e-Sahaba are known to every one, it is now becoming abundantly clear that recent wave of Shia killings in Karachi too is a handiwork of the ISI.
- Muslim leaders seek UN help on ‘islamophobia’
Geneva – Muslim states said on Wednesday that what they call “islamophobia” is sweeping the West and its media and demanded that the United Nations take tougher action against it.
- Russia: International Islamic banking and finances summit to be held in Kazan
The 2nd International Islamic Banking and Finances Summit to be held in Kazan on June 28-29, Russian Foreign Ministry’s Ambassador-at-large Konstantin Shuvalov told Interfax-Religion in his interview.
- Persian Encyclopedia of Imam Hadi (AS) Goes Online
On the occasion of martyrdom anniversary of the tenth Shia Imam (AS), the Encyclopedia of Imam Hadi (AS) went online.
- Najaf Cemetery “Wadi Al-Salam” Listed as World Heritage Site
The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) has agreed to list the Wadi Al-Salam Cemetery in the holy city of Najaf as a world heritage site, Iraq’s Ministry of Culture announced.
- Egyptians protest police brutality
Egyptian police clash with protesters who gathered near the Interior Ministry headquarters in the capital Cairo for a rally protesting the death of a young Egyptian man last week.