- GCC to team up in air rescue operations
ABU DHABI — The GCC countries are working on a coordinated action plan to conduct search and rescue (SAR) operations in case of an aviation accident in the region.
- Sheikh Al-Azhar Rejects Wahhabi Extremist Call for Withdrawal of recognition Shia doctrine
Al-Azhar’s Grand Imam refuses a call by a Wahhabi Extremist to withdraw the recognition of the Shia doctrine and considers Shiism as one of the wings of Islam.
- OIC Commends Iran’s Scientific Progress
Coordinator general of COMSTECH, a ministerial committee comprising ministers of science and technology from 57 member countries of the Organization of Islamic Conference (OIC), lauded Iran for its progress in scientific and technological fields.
- Muslims in Philadelphia celebrate Islamic heritage
Hundreds of Philadelphia Muslims celebrated their Islamic heritage Saturday with a parade down Chestnut Street and a festival at Penn’s Landing.
- Encyclopedia of Egyptian Quran Reciters Published
The first volume of the Encyclopedia of Egyptian Quran Reciters was published by An-Nur Quranic Research Center in Cairo with the cooperation of the cultural officials of Iran’s Interest Section in Egypt and the Iranian Quran News Agency.
- The Trouble with Dr. Zakir Naik
Britain’s decision to bar an influential Muslim cleric from entering the country underscores the failure of Indian secularism.
- Number of Shia Muslims in West Africa hits 7 million
Sheikh Mohammed Dar Al-Hikma has mentioned that “What pleases us today is to see the Shiite School of thought has spread everywhere, and has gained huge numbers of sincere followers”.
- Grand Ayatollah Makarim Shirazi puts fatwa on ‘unclean’ pet dogs
A SENIOR Iranian cleric, Grand Ayatollah Makarim Shirazi, has decreed dogs are “unclean” and should not be kept as pets – a move aimed at discouraging Western-style dog ownership in the Islamic state.
- Artist Starts on UK’s First Hand Written Quran
Arts organization Creative Colors are making history after launching an exciting new project, the UK’S first handwritten Quran.
- Pakistani Shia Muslims announce to besiege the Parliament and provincial assemblies
Although the government of Sindh has imposed a ban on the public meetings till June 30, the Majlis-e-Wahdat-e-Muslimeen (MWM) was staged demonstration across the Sindh Province including Karachi against the targeted killings of the Shia Muslims.