- Velayat TV Network Launched
Iran’s Velayat TV Network was launched on Saturday marking the birth anniversary of Imam Ali (AS), the first Shiite Imam.
- Ahle Sunnat Wal Jamaat activists allegedly beat up Shia man
A Shia man was thrashed on Saturday by alleged activists of the Ahle Sunnat Wal Jamaat (ASWJ) in Hassan Colony, Gulbahar.
- Quran Translations of Past 30 Years to Be Collected
All the translations of the holy Quran rendered into Persian in the past thirty years will be collected, cultural deputy of the Ministry of Culture and Islamic Guidance told Quran News Agency.
- Arbitrary Arrest of Shia Social Activist Ramzi Mohammad Jamal
Saudi General Investigation Directorate arrested the Shia social activist Ramzi Mohammad Jamal from the town of Awwamiyya in the Eastern Province due to participation in a demonstration in March 2009.
- Istanbul Hosts “Quran and Scientific Facts” Conference
An international conference titled “Quran and Scientific Facts” will kick off today in Istanbul, Turkey, FKM reported.
- Police Find 11 Beheaded Bodies of Shia Muslim in Afghanistan
Afghan police have found 11 decapitated bodies of Shia men amid concerns over the growing number of civilian casualties in the war-ravaged country.
- Al Maktoum International opens
DUBAI — Dubai opened its second airport on Sunday, three weeks after its flagship carrier Emirates placed a major order for Airbus 380 superjumbos, enforcing its status as an air transport hub.
- Karzai holds secret talks with Taliban
Afghan president Hamid Karzai has reportedly met with the Taliban’s most senior commander Serja-eddin Haggani in Kabul as UK calls for peace with the militants.
- Embezzlement Scandal Hits Libyan Development Fund
Informed Libyan sources have revealed of what they termed as the biggest financial and economic scandal in Libya.
- Oman Police draws plans to contain drug abuse
In a new move to contain increasing incidence of drug abuse in the country, the Royal Oman Police (ROP) is drawing up plans to deploy more anti-narcotics personnel across the country.