- 8 militants killed in gunbattle at Afghan airport
Militants set off a car bomb and stormed the entrance to a major NATO air base in eastern Afghanistan, authorities said. Eight insurgents died in the failed assault.
- Turkey re-builds Albanian Muslim Community’s headquarters
The 90-year-old headquarters of the Muslim Community in Albania has been re-constructed by the Turkish International Cooperation and Development Agency.
- Egypt reaches out to Bedouins after Sinai clashes
Egypt – Egypt’s interior minister met Bedouin elders on Tuesday in a bid to smooth tensions after a surge in clashes between security forces and tribesmen, but some Bedouin leaders said the meeting failed.
- Iraqi police commander dies in attack
At least six Iraqi police officers, including a commander, have been killed in two separate attacks in the western province of Anbar
- ‘Afghan repatriation to be facilitated’
The 15th tripartite commission meeting on the repatriation of Afghan refugees from Iran has ended with all parties promising to facilitate the move.
- Ignorant Wahhabis Martyred Shia Muslim “Sajid Ali” in Karachi
Pakistan– Series of target killings continue in Karachi. Now one more Shia young man Sajid Ali, 26 years old Son of Qamar Abbas shot martyred outside his home in Nazimabad, Karachi.
- Top Jamaat-e-Islami leaders arrested
Top Jamaat-e-Islami leaders, including its chief Motiur Rahman Nizami and secretary-general Ali Ahsan Mohammad Mojaheed, were arrested on Tuesday .
- Dozens wounded in Bangladesh protests over arrests and low pay
More than 80 people were wounded across Bangladesh on Wednesday in clashes with police sparked by the arrest of three top opposition politicians charged with insulting Islam and demands by textile workers for a pay rise.
- Saudi clerics battle over adult-breastfeeding, music fatwas
RIYADH: One cleric’s endorsement of breastfeeding for grown men and another’s saying music is not un-Islamic have opened up a pitched battle in Saudi Arabia over who can issue fatwas, or Islamic religious edicts.
- UK investigates Muslim charity over links to ‘banned’ preacher
LONDON // An investigation was launched yesterday into the activities of a Muslim charity in Britain that invited a controversial Indian preacher to address its conference