- Nato urges Muslim countries to help Afghanistan
Countries with a Muslim majority can play a very strong role in Afghanistan, says Nato secretary-general
- Quran Memorization Competition Held in Islamabad
The seventh prize and certificate distribution ceremony of all Pakistan Quran memorization competition was held at National Library Auditorium (NLA) in Islamabad on Thursday.
- Mubajje calls Muslim meet to end crisis
Embattled Mufti of Uganda Shaban Mubajje has bowed to pressure from his rivals and agreed to summon an extra-ordinary sitting of the Uganda Muslim Supreme Council to discuss the current standoff between him and council chairman Hassan Basajjabalaba.
- Top Shia Cleric “Fadlallah” in ‘stable’ condition, hospital officials say
BEIRUT: Lebanon’s top Shiite cleric has been hospitalized after suffering complications from a liver problem, an official close to the influential religious authority said Friday.
- Over One Million Iranians Registered for Haj
According to head of the Haj Organization, 1.7 million Iranians have registered for haj and it is predicted that it will take about 17 years for all of them to make the spiritual pilgrimage.
- Pakistani Police Detained Murderers of Shaheed Ayub Naqvi
Karachi Police arrested two terrorists, involved in the killing of Shia writer from Gulbahar and recovered 9 MM Pistol from their possession.
- Turkish pipeline ablaze after blast
An explosion has blown up a section of a pipeline carrying oil from Iraq to southern Turkey and set it on fire.
- Otunbayeva sworn in as Kyrgyz interim president
BISHKEK – Roza Otunbayeva was sworn in as Kyrgyzstan’s interim president on Saturday after guiding it through three months of revolt, ethnic violence and a referendum intended to build Central Asia’s first parliamentary democracy.
- India’s largest asset management firm to launch Islamic Funds in Malaysia
Reliance Asset Management (Malaysia) Sendirian Berhad (RAMMy), a subsidiarry of India’s largest asset management company, plans to launch a series of innovative and differentiated Shariah-compliant funds here.
- Over 1,000 expected Shia Muslims for Islam conference in Miami
A national Shiite Muslim organization will bring more than a thousand people to South Florida for its national conference over the weekend.