- Ignorant Wahhabis Brutally Martyred Syed Fayyaz Hussain in Karachi
Syed Fayyaz Hussain son of Syed Salman Hussain martyred on Tuesday at Orangi Town 11 ½ near Rais Amrohvi Colony Karachi.
- Thousands take part in Fadlullah burial
Thousands of mourners gathered in south Beirut on Tuesday for the funeral of Grand Ayatollah Seyyed Mohammed Hussein Fadlullah, who passed away at the age of 75 on Sunday.
- Islamic Center Opens New Mosque in Fontana
The Ar-Rahman Islamic Center’s sparkling new mosque has opened, thanks to the donations of local Muslims, and, according to Imam Faiz Shah, divine providence in the midst of a tough economy.
- Plan in holy Karbala to protect pilgrims to Baghdad
KARBALA, Iraq — The Karbala Police Command on Monday has implemented a security plan to protect pilgrims heading to Baghdad to attend a Shiite occasion.
- France set to debate veil ban
French politicians are to debate a controversial bill that would ban face-covering veils in public, a proposal that has sparked fierce criticism.
- PKK attacks in Turkey leave 15 dead
Twelve militants and three Turkish soldiers have been killed after Kurdish militants attacked a military base in the east and southeast of Turkey, security sources say.
- Tehran bazaar shuts down in tax row with govt
Traders in Tehran’s grand bazaar went on strike on Tuesday in protest at increased income taxes in a year of slow business, ISNA news agency reported.
- Iran to partake in Munich Islamic show
A group of prominent Iranian handicraft artists are to participate in a contemporary Islamic art exhibition to be hosted in Munich, Germany.
- Sharif urges Pakistan neutrality on Afghanistan
Pakistan should stop trying to influence affairs in Afghanistan, the opposition leader said Tuesday, while admitting that the pro-Afghan Taliban policy he pursued when he was prime minister in the 1990s was a failure.
- Afghanistan Urges Pakistan to Target Terror Groups
Afghanistan’s national security adviser has called on the Pakistani government to “take serious measures” against Islamist groups launching attacks on Afghan targets from secure havens inside Pakistan.