Makkah property prices escalate on speculation
- Taliban massacre 11 Pakistani Shias
Suspected Taliban militants have killed at least 11 Pakistani Shia Muslim tribesmen and injured several others in Afghanistan’s eastern border province of Paktia.
- 27th Quran contest opens in Iran
The 27th international competition of the Holy Quran has opened in the Iranian capital Tehran, bringing together representatives from 60 Muslim countries.
- Problems of Muslim citizens in Europe
The book ‘Problems of Muslim Citizens in Europe’ deals with problems of Muslims’ living with practitioners of other religions in Europe.
- Saudi Probes 11-Year Oil Smuggling Operation: Report
RIYADH (AFP) – Saudi Arabia is investigating a smuggling operation that illegally exported discount-priced oil to Europe for more than 11 years, the Saudi newspaper Okaz reported on Saturday.
- Iran, Afghanistan to launch intl. univ.
Iran and Afghanistan have reached an agreement to open an international university in an effort to promote Persian language and literature.
- ‘US meddling in way of new Iraqi govt.’
An Iraqi cleric has blamed US meddling in Iraq’s internal affairs as the main reason behind the delay in the formation of a new government in the country.
- Pak security forces kill 25 militants
At least 25 militants including a Taliban commander have been killed as Pakistan’s military jets continue to pound the militants’ hideouts in the Orakzai tribal region.
- Turkey wants handover of 250 militants
Turkey has called on the United States and Iraq for cooperation in its anti-terror operations against the outlawed Kurdistan Workers’ Party (PKK).
- PAKISTAN: TERROR Just Who Is Not A Kafir?
20 per cent of the population effectively considers the remaining 80 per cent as kafir