- Egypt denies report of Mubarak illness
The Egyptian government has dismissed media reports claiming that President Hosni Mubarak has fallen ill and would travel to Germany for treatment again.
- Indonesian president hopes Indonesia can help restore glory of Islam
Indonesian President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono expressed hope that Indonesia can be in the vanguard of the restoration of the glory of Islamic civilization.
- Manglore Islamic Cultural Centre to Launch Anti-dowry Campaign
Mangalore, India– The city-based Islamic Cultural Centre plans to lead a wide-spread campaign to root out the evil of dowry prevailing in the society, as this problem has been plaguing all communities in India including Muslims. This was revealed by the office bearers of the centre, at a press conference held on Wednesday July 14.
- Islamic Nanotech Network Planned
The Nanotechnology Network for Islamic Countries will be established in Iran.
- Vandals Damage Iowa Mosque
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa — Cedar Rapids police say vandals shattered five windows at a mosque.
- Muslims protest in Cardiff against ‘anti-Islam laws’
Muslims have demonstrated in Cardiff to protest against laws across Europe which they say are anti-Islam.
- Saudi to restart Iraq flights after 20-year freeze
RIYADH — Saudi airline Alwafeer will begin regular flights to Iraq this week, some 20 years after the kingdom stopped flights following Saddam Hussein’s invasion of Kuwait, an airline official said Wednesday.
- Qur’anic Artworks on Show in Tehran
An exhibition of Qur’anic artworks, photos, books and software is underway on the sidelines of the 27th International Holy Qur’an Competitions in Tehran.
- Chechen President on pilgrimage in Mecca
The President of the Chechen Republic, Ramzan Kadyrov, who is currently on pilgrimage in Saudi Arabia’s Mecca, took part in the ceremony of washing the Kaaba inside the Grand Mosque.
- Washing the Holy Ka’ba with Zam Zam and Iranian Rose water + Photos
On behalf of King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia Amir of Makkah Prince Khaled Al-Faisal led the washing ceremony of the Holy Ka’ba in which dignitaries and foreign diplomats also participated.