- Tanzania’s Islamic Center Launched
Tanzania’s Islamic Center was officially inaugurated on Friday in the country’s new capital city, Dodoma, arabic.islamic-call website reported.
- Protests against anti-Islamic group in Berlin turn violent
Berlin : A protest against an openly anti-Islamic and xenophobic political group in Berlin turned violent on Saturday, according to news reports.
- 46 killed, 47 hurt in Baghdad blasts
At least 46 people have been killed and 47 others injured in two separate bomb explosions in the Iraqi capital Baghdad, the country’s police say.
- Bomber targets Pakistani Shia mosque
A bomber has struck a Shia Muslim gathering in the Pakistani Province of Punjab as pro-Taliban militants intensify their attacks against members of the community.
- Frankfurt Univ. to Introduce Islamic Studies
Frankfurt’s Goethe University is to begin a three-year Islamic studies program this winter semester, news reports said on Thursday.
- ‘Yemen preparing to attack Houthis’
Yemen is reportedly preparing for another round of armed offensives against the Shia Houthi fighters, despite the ongoing truce.
- Clinton asks Pak to do more to combat terrorism
ISLAMABAD – US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton on Sunday called for Pakistan to take “additional steps” to counter terrorism, in an interview with the BBC just after her arrival in Pakistan.
- British minister rules out any “undesirable” ban on Muslim veil
Britain’s parliament should not try to ban wearing full veils in public after France’s bill which could see Muslim women fined for wearing the burqa, immigration minister Green said.
- Ayatollah Seyyed Abbas Hoseini Kashani Passed Away
Iran’s Grand Ayatollah Seyyed Abbas Hoseini Kashani, died on Sunday at the age of 80, a medical source at a Tehran hospital said.
- Prices dip 8% in Sharjah and Ajman
DUBAI — Property prices in Sharjah and Ajman dropped by as much as eight per cent as an increase in supply allowed tenants more choice, Asteco Property Management said in its new report on Sunday.