- 6 Martyred, 30 Injured in Rocket Attack in Holy Karbala
At least six people have been killed and dozens more wounded in a suicide attack in Iraq’s holy city of Karbala.
- African Top Shia Cleric Speaks on Occultation During Mid Shaban Celebration
The Shia Islamic Movement in Nigeria under the Leadership of Sheikh Sayyed Ibraheem Zakzaky celebrated the Birthday anniversary of the awaited Savoiur of humanity Imam Al-Mahdi(AJ) at Fudiyyah Islamic Center (F.I.C) Zaria.
- Sri Lanka: Islamic finance must attract non-Muslims
Islamic banks and finance institutions have recorded a huge growth in the last couple of years. The stakeholders interest has also increased.
- The Saudi Terror Problem on the Rise Since September 11
The Institute for Gulf Affairs in Washington released a report revealing the role of Saudi government of financing and supporting the terrorism in Iraq, Afghanistan and other countries around the world .
- 100-year-old Woman Wins Top Rank in Quran Competition
A 100-year-old woman came first in a Quran memorization contest in Southern Saudi Arabia, Okaz Daily reported.
- ‘No survivors in Pakistan plane crash’
There is no sign of survivors from a passenger plane that crashed into the Margalla hill near the Pakistani capital, rescuer workers say.
- Afghan women lose trust in US forces
A prominent women’s rights activist has says the US-led forces are responsible for a surge in violence against women in northern Afghanistan.
- Britain to launch two new Afghan war investigations
Two new inquiries will examine Britain’s role in the Afghanistan war, a parliamentary body said on Wednesday after leaked U.S. military documents cast a new light on civilian casualties.
- Govt mulls reservation for Muslims through OBC route
Government is actively considering reservation for Muslims through the Other Backward Castes (OBC) route, Minority Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid has said.
- New York City mosques get extra protection during Ramadan
The New York Police Department will increase foot patrols at mosques during Ramadan, the Islamic month of fasting that begins in August, amid a rise this year in the number of hate crimes against Muslims.