- Azeri Shias celebrate auspicious birthday anniversary of imam Mahdi (AS)
Azerbaijani Muslims set up several parties around the country on auspicious birthday anniversary of imam Mahdi (AS).
- Indonesia: Holy Quran translation released for ‘reduced radicalism’
Indonesia’s Religious Affairs Ministry has released a new translation of the Holy Quran in an effort to reduce Islamic radicalism. However, the ministry refused to consider the new translation as state product.
- Malaysian King urges Muslim countries to strengthen cooperation
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysian King Mizan Zainal Abidin urged Muslim countries to further develop cooperation among them to boost community progress at the global level.
- Vandalism at Arlington mosque investigated
Police and fire officials in Arlington, with help from the FBI, are asking for the public’s help in finding the sources of two incidents of vandalism at an Arlington mosque that occurred over the weekend.
- Swine flu kills over 650 in Turkey
The virulent swine flu has killed 656 people across Turkey since October, a month after the country went on a nationwide vaccination campaign against the pandemic.
- Karbala rocket launchers captured
KARBALA, Iraq: Five men involved in launching the Katyusha rockets that hit Shiite pilgrims in Karbala city yesterday were all captured, a local security source said.
- Forum discusses Muslim marketing
Ministers and academics from Muslim countries have attended a two-day gathering at Oxford University to discuss how to market Islamic products to the rest of the world.
- Over 200 dead in Pakistan flash floods
Flash floods triggered by torrential rains have killed more than 200 people and rendered thousands homeless in northwestern Pakistan.
- Iran’s biggest telescope unveiled
Iran has unveiled its largest domestically-manufactured telescope, as part of an overall policy to achieve self-sufficiency in the field of technology.
- Muslim Brotherhood votes to boycott elections
Jordan’s Muslim Brotherhood Shura (Consultation) Council decided late on Thursday evening in an overwhelming majority to boycott the upcoming parliamentary elections set for November 9th, 2010.