- Qatar: Iftar meals for 200,000 in holy month of Ramadan initiative
Two Qatari organisations yesterday announced plans to provide Iftar meals to thousands of fasting people every day throughout the holy month of Ramadan.
- Int’l Quran Contest for the Hearing-impaired Planned in Kuwait
Kuwait will host the first international Quran competition for the hearing-impaired of the PGCC countries.
- US academic slams church’s anti-Islam plan
A radical Christian church in Florida has announced that they are having a ‘burn-the-Quran-day’ on the 9/11 anniversary.
- Calif. Tea Party to Use Dogs to Harass Muslim Worshippers
Muslim Civil Rights Group Calls on Officials, Interfaith Leaders to Support Targeted Mosque
- India Keen to Introduce Islamic Banking and Finance
A major campaign to introduce Islamic banking and finance into India was kicked off in the Kerala city of Kochi with Justice Krishna Iyer taking the lead.
- Indian Muslim organizations to hold campaigns against terrorism
Malappuram: A meeting of Muslim organizations held at Kottakkal decided to organize campaigns against extremism, terrorism and communalism. The meeting was convened by Syed Hyderali Shihab Thangal, state president of Muslim League on Saturday.
- Indonesia: Halal certification must not burden industries
Jakarta – Vice President Boediono said halal certification of domestic products and services should not be burdensome or harmful to industries.
- US combat mission in Iraq to end this month
President Barack Obama vowed on Monday to make good on his promise to end U.S. combat operations in Iraq by the end of August.
- Islam states discuss economic potentials in Turkey meeting
Turkish Trade Minister Ergun said that the Islam countries could not yet well-assess their real potential.
- Islamist charities rush aid to flood victims, Pakistan govt under fire
Islamist charities rushed to provide aid for Pakistanis hit by the worst flooding in memory as government criticised for its response to the disaster.