- Twin blasts kill 30, wound 80 in Iraq
Twin car bomb explosions have killed at least 30 people and wounded 80 others, including women and children, in the southern Iraqi city of Kut, security officials say.
- America’s First Muslim College Opens this Fall
US institution hopes to cultivate native-born Islamic scholars. A new college started classes this summer in Berkeley, California.
- Mecca to unveil world’s largest clock
Saudi Arabia is preparing to unveil the world’s largest four-faced clock in the city of Mecca, and on the first day of the holy month of Ramadan.
- Six Shia Muslims in Detention Under the Pretext of Suspending Ashura Banners!
According to human right sources in Al-Ahsa, the Saudi authorities are still holding six Shia residents for the sixth month in the row under the pretext of suspending Ashura banners last December during the ceremonies of Ashura.
- UK Muslims urged to promote Islam
Muslims across Britain are being urged to do more to help improve the perception of Islamic faith across the country.
- 14 Killed, over 50 Hurt in Karachi After Killing of MQM Shia MPA Raza Haider
Islamabad : Panic and fear gripped Karachi, Pakistan’s largest city and financial hub, on Monday afternoon following the murder of a member of Sindh provincial assembly Raza Haider by unknown assailants in Nazimabad area where he had gone to attend a funeral.
- Azerbaijan’s Islamic Party to participate in parliamentary elections
The Islamic Party of Azerbaijan has decided to participate in parliamentary elections this year.
- Qatar’s Dar-ol-Quran to Launch a Virtual Quranic Course
The Dar-ol-Quran Center in Qatar is to launch a Virtual course of Quranic sciences during the new educational year, Amenah Al-Ibrahim head of the center said.
- Berlin mosque targeted in arson attack
A mosque in Berlin became the target of an arson attack, however no one was harmed, a local Berlin television station quoted police as saying Monday.
- Peace Carvan to take medicine & food to besieged Parachanar : Allama Nasir Abbas MWM
Addressing a huge gathering in Islamabad at Wehdat e Millat Convention. MWM Secretary General Allama Nasir Abbas announced Peace Carvan to take medicine & food to besieged Parachanar if peace fully passable road link not opned by Eid ul fitar.