- Sibal allays minorities’ fears about RTE Act
Allaying fears of minority groups about the Right to Education Act, HRD minister Kapil Sibal on Thursday said the government has no intention to interfere with minority rights which are guaranteed under the Article 30 of the Constitution.
- Gadkari takes up cause of Waqf land
Wooing the Muslim youth into the BJP seems to be one of the goals set by party chief Nitin Gadkari. In his words, he wants to build a cadre of around 20,000 Muslim BJP activists who, he believes, will work to dispel the perception that the party is anti-Muslim.
- Karachi Police Probing TTP’s Role in Raza Haider’s killing
LAHORE: Daily Times has learnt that the Karachi Police and the Intelligence Bureau is investigating the role of a top leader of the Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP), Qari Muhammad Zafar alias Ustad-e-Fidayeen, in the assassination of MQM leader Raza Haider.
- US airstrikes kill Afghan Muslim civilians
Dozens of civilians have been killed and several others injured in Afghanistan after US warplanes bombarded the country’s east, according to witnesses.
- Imam Reza (AS) Festival to be held in 31 countries
Mashhad, Khorasan Razavi – International Festival on Imam Reza (AS), the eighth Imam of Prophet Mohammad’s (SAWA) Household, will be held in 31 countries.
- Mashhad to Host 9th Quranic Arts and Sciences Festival
A festival of Quranic sciences is to be held in Mashhad to promote and propagate Quranic activities among different classes of people especially the younger generation.
- Quran Radio to Be Launched in Mauritania
A Quran radio will be launched in the Islamic Republic of Mauritania, the Al-Akhbar news agency reported.
- 61 more madrassas to get govt assistance
LUCKNOW: The state government has picked up a batch of 61 madrassas across UP for providing financial assistance
- New Kerala outfit on terror radar
NEW DELHI: A new outfit is under scanner in Kerala for its alleged anti-India ideology. The Popular Front of India (PFI) calls India its enemy and asks for ‘total Muslim empowerment’.
- Nat’l Quran Memorization Contest to Be Held in Yemen
The Yemeni city of Terim, cultural capital of the Islamic world in 2010, is soon to host the national competition of Quran memorization.