- Quran translated in 112 languages on display in Tehran exhibit
The Tarjoman-e Vahy (translation of revelation) Institute has presented holy book of Quran in 112 languages in 18th International Quran Exhibition in Tehran.
- Ignorant Wahhabis Martyred Another Shia Muslim in Karachi
Zakir Hussain, 34, son of Mutawali, was gunned down by the terrorists of outlawed Nasabi-Wahabi organization on Wednesday morning at Tariq Road Karachi.
- Tehran, Isfahan to host Bismillah festival
The seventh edition of the Bismillah Festival will open Friday simultaneously in Tehran and Isfahan provinces.
- First copies of Quran to be on display in Istanbul
Istanbul’s Museum of Turkish and Islamic Art is set to host a unique exhibition in honor of the 1,400th anniversary of the revelation of the Quran.
- Germany shuts mosque, Islamic center
Moe than 20 German police officers have raided and shut down a mosque in the country’s second-largest city, Hamburg.
- Website for Reading Quran Launched in Turkey
Concurrent with the holy month of Ramadan, www.ortakhatim.com a Quranic website was launched in Turkey.
- Iraqis concerned during Ramadan
Iraq faces chronic electricity shortages. Baghdad currently receives just a few hours of power a day. During electricity cuts people are unable to use electricity-powered fans and other cooling systems.
- And now, ‘Mecca Time’
MECCA – Muslims around the world could be setting their watches to a new time soon when the world’s largest clock begins ticking atop a soaring skyscraper in Islam’s holiest city of Mecca.
- German TV channel launches Ramadan service
German television channel RTL 2 said Tuesday it was launching a special service for Muslim viewers during Ramadan, letting them know when to begin and end the daily fast.
- Gunmen use kids to lure Iraqi soldiers into trap
BAGHDAD — Gunmen burst into a house north of Baghdad early Wednesday, killed three people and then sent the surviving children to lure in soldiers from nearby Iraqi army checkpoint, killing eight.