- Kurdish Official says No Talks on Permanent US Military Bases
Arbil, Asharq Al-Awsat The secretary general of the Peshmerga Ministry and official spokesman of the Kurdistan Region’s Guards Forces has denied any knowledge of talk regarding an American desire to establish permanent military bases in the Region and stressed that Washington wishes to strengthen its relations with Arbil diplomatically and not militarily.
- Madani stands isolated
THIRUVANANTHAPURAM: Kerala-based PDP leader Abdul Nasser Madani finds himself in political isolation with mainstream parties in the state keeping away from him, despite past dalliance with him, after he was chargesheeted in the Bangalore blasts case.
- Ignorant Saudi Wahhabis Arrest Shia Activist in Al-Awamia
A Shia activist has been arrested last June by the Saudi police over joining a rally last year organized in Al-Awamia village in the province of Qatif city to protest the attacks that affected the Shia pilgrims in Medina.
- Ignorant Wahhabis Martyred Another Shia “Qabl-e-Abbas” in Pakistan
Qalb-e-Abbas 45, son of Manzoor Hussain shot martyred in Dera Ismail Khan.
- Dining places in Chechnya suspend their work during Ramadan
“Awareness efforts” will be taken to reach the owners and managers of the dining places which were not closed during Ramadan, Chechen Mufti Sultan Mirzayev said.
- Bahrain Cracks Down on Shiite Activists
MANAMA, Bahrain–A Bahraini lawyer says security forces have detained six more Shia Muslim members in a crackdown on the Gulf kingdom’s majority Shiites who complain of being disenfranchised.
- Grand Shia Cleric Criticizes Saudi Arabia’s Arrest of Sheikh Al-Amri
A senior Iranian cleric criticized on Monday what he called the “violations and abuses” against Shias in Saudi Arabia.
- Afghanistan needs Russia’s support: Karzai
Afghan President Hamid Karzai sought President Dmitry Medvedev’s help for his nation on Wednesday, two decades after Moscow ended a disastrous conflict.
- OIC appeals for urgent aid to Pakistan
The OIC on Wednesday called on member states and the international community to supply urgent aid to Pakistan, which is grappling with devastating floods.