- Madani identified by four in Kodagu
Four people have reportedly identified Bengaluru blasts accused Abdul Naseer Madani as the man who accompanied another accused, T. Naseer, during a visit to Madikeri in Kodagu a few months before the serial blast in July, 2008, said highly placed sources.
- 15 killed, 16 injured in suicide blast near Masjid in South Waziristan, NW Pakistan
At least 15 people were killed and 16 others injured in a suicide blast which took place Monday afternoon near a mosque in Wana of South Waziristan in northwest Pakistan, reported local media.
- Self-control with Ramadan
The ninth month of the Islamic Hijri calendar, Ramazan (or Ramadan), holds a special significance for Muslims around the world.
- Winners of Egypt Quran Contest for Mentally Challenged Announced
Egypt’s Awqaf minister announced winners of the first edition of Quran competition for the mentally challenged to be honored on August 28.
- Holy Quran in the Mirror of Art” Exhibition in Qatar
An exhibition of “the holy Quran in the mirror of art” will be held on August 26 at Qatar Photography Society in Al-Hilal Region in Doha.
- SR100 billion plan to revamp Makkah
A SR100 billion plan is currently being drafted to transform holy city of Makkah into a city with world-class facilities and services, according to the Commission for the Development of Makkah and the holy sites.
- Bahrain’s Shia leader Condemns Continued Arrests, Reversing 10 Years of Sectarian Progress
Bahrain’s top Shia politician said a crackdown on Shiite protesters by Sunni rulers (just who follow US rules) has destroyed a decade of stable sectarian relations as the tiny Gulf state heads into parliamentary elections scheduled for October.
- Representative of grand Ayatollah Sistani warns politicians of people reaction
Sheikh Abdul Mahdi Al Karbalai, the representative of Grand Ayatollah Sayyed Ali Al Sistani warned Iraqi politicians from people’s reaction in case no agreement is reached to form the government.
- Muslim prayer hall painted by vandals in Malaysia
Vandals splashed red paint on a Muslim prayer hall and left a broken beer bottle there Monday in Malaysia’s first known attack on a place of worship since a string of similar incidents eight months ago.
- Fight to Save Pakistan City from Flooding
Authorities in Pakistan were battling on Monday to save a city in the flood-devastated southern province of Sindh after a mass evacuation as floodwaters threatened to wreak further havoc.