- Ignorant Saudi Wahhabis Calls to a Crackdown the Most Prominent Shia Figures in Al-Khobar
Since few weeks ago, the Saudi authorities have been carrying out series of weekly calls to a number of prominent Shia figures in the city of Al-Khobar, which it is within the framework of ongoing sectarian harassments against its Shia citizens in that city.
- Chinese, Japanese Translations of Quran to Be Published
The Ansarian Publications in Tehran plans to publish the translation of the holy Quran in Chinese and Japanese.
- Islamic Encyclopedia in Turkish to Complete in 2 Years
Compilation of the Islamic Encyclopedia in Turkish which started 27 years ago by Turkey’s Islamic Researches Center (ISAM) is set to be completed within the next two years.
- Go-Ahead for Germany’s Biggest Mosque
After much controversy, Cologne’s city council has voted in favor of building Germany’s largest mosque. The opposition of a local far-right group wasn’t enough to stop plans that will change the city’s historic skyline forever.
- Muslim employee banned to wear scarf in California
A Muslim woman who works as a hostess at a Disneyland restaurant the theme park would not allow her to appear in front of customers while wearing her head scarf.
- Istanbul sets world’s longest, most crowded Iftar table / Photo
The Esenler Municipality in Istanbul has broken a Guiness World Record by organizing the world’s largest and most crowded Iftar table.
- Muslim prayer hall painted by vandals in Malaysia
Vandals splashed red paint on a Muslim prayer hall and left a broken beer bottle there Monday in Malaysia’s first known attack on a place of worship since a string of similar incidents eight months ago.
- Saudi Wahhabi Authorities Release Top Shia Cleric “Sheikh Kadhem Muhammad al-Amri”
On 23 August 2010, Saudi Wahhabi authorities released Sheikh Kadhem al-Amri without explanation or giving any reasons .
- Islamic World’s Best Quranic Calligraphers to Meet in UAE
The best Quranic calligraphers in the Islamic world are to meet in the UAE on September 5-8 in order to write in calligraphy the complete manuscript of the holy Quran.
- Nat’l Quran Recitation Nat’l Contest Concludes in Iraq
The 7th edition of the National Quran Recitation Contest concluded on August 23 in Al-Hashemi Mosque in the holy city of Kadhimain, Iraq.