- Dehradun exhibition showcases different kinds of Quran
A two-day exhibition showcasing different kinds of Quran, the Islamic holy book, is being held in Uttarakhand’s Dehradun city to mark the Islamic month of Ramadan.
- Floods submerge Pakistani town
Floodwaters have submerged a town in Pakistan’s southern province of Sindh while a nearby city is spared from flooding, officials say.
- “Karzai prevents corruption probes”
Afghan President Hamid Karzai has been accused of forcing out an anti-corruption lawyer in an attempt to block probes at the highest government levels.
- Millions stepping in Najaf for Haydari mourning
Iraq: Hundreds of thousands of mourners have been heading to the holy city of Najaf to commemorate the martyrdom anniversary of Al-Imam Ali Al-Murtazha (a.s), first infallible descendant of Prophet Muhammad (s), at his holy shrine.
- Kabul police bus blast kills 35
A powerful bomb blast has destroyed a police bus in the Afghan capital killing more than 35 people as Taliban claimed responsibility.
- Pig left at entrance to US Muslim centre
An effigy of a pig has been left in the mailbox of a California Muslim organization as a protest against the proposed Islamic centre in New York City.
- Most Complete ‘Nahj-ul-Balagha’ Manuscript Unveiled
The most complete edition of ‘Nahj-ul-Balagha’ (peak of eloquence), a book of quotations by Imam Ali (AS), the first Shiite imam, was unveiled at Iran’s Documents and National Library Organization in a ceremony.
- Biden visits Iraq to mark formal end to US combat
Vice President Joe Biden returned to Iraq Monday to mark this week’s formal end to US combat operations.
- New regulations to promote investment in UAE
Preparations are underway to launch a batch of new laws in a bid to improve and modernize the current legislative system and further enhance the business environment in line with the UAE strategic vision for 2010
- Last member of Wahabi gang sentenced in Ulyanovsk
The Ulyanovsk Regional Court has convicted the last member of a Wahabi extremist group, which committed a number of serious crimes in the region in the early 2000s.