- Saudi Arabia: Gunmen attack Masjid in Riyadh
Three men, including an imam, have been injured in a shooting which occurred at a mosque following late night Ramadan prayers in the Saudi city of Riyadh.
- Shia Musllim Widows in Syria struggling to survive
Nearby Sayyida Zainab’s (SA) shrine in Damascus, Syria live orphans, widows, and refugees who are struggling for jobs, shelter, food and dignity while living below the poverty line.
- Top Shia Cleric Slams Wahhabi Terrorists
Senior Iranian cleric Grand Ayatollah Naser Makarem Shirazi has lambasted terrorist activities committed by Wahhabis, saying terrorism has no place in Islam.
- Stones Thrown to the Mourners of the Imam Ali (A.S) in Multan
MULTAN, Pakistan — Unknown people on Wednesday pelted stones to the mourners participated in the mourning ceremony of Imam Ali (A.S) in Multan.
- Karzai slams rising civilian casualties
Afghan President Hamid Karzai has condemned a recent US-led airstrike which killed ten civilians, saying aerial bombardment is counterproductive.
- Taleban claim responsibility for Pakistan attacks
Pakistan’s Taleban on Friday took responsibility for triple bombings at a Shia Muslim procession in the city of Lahore that killed 33 people.
- Iran ‘ready to donate blood to Pakistan’
Iran’s Blood Transfusion Organization (IBTO) says it is ready to donate up to 2,000 units of blood to Pakistan, as Tehran steps up efforts to help its flood-stricken neighbor.
- Ten Iranian pilgrims killed in Iraq
At least 10 Iranian pilgrims have lost their lives and 33 others suffered injuries after their bus overturned and caught fire in central Iraq.
- Mass funeral prayers held in Lahore
Funeral prayers of Eight martyrs of Youm-e-Ali (AS) procession have been offered in Nasir Bagh Lahore.
- Indonesian volcano spews new burst of ash
Indonesia – An Indonesian volcano sent a new, powerful burst of hot ash high into the air early Friday, violently shaking homes and trees along the slopes and sending panicked villagers scurrying back to safety.