- US church defiant despite condemnation of Koran burning
A small US church says it will defy international condemnation and go ahead with plans to burn copies of the Koran on the 9/11 anniversary.
- Russians will get familiar with “Imam Ali’s Judgments”
Islamic Studies Foundation in Russia published Russian translation of ‘Imam Ali (AS)’s Judgments’. This book covers the cases on which the first leader of Shiite Muslims judged by distinguishing truth from the void and uncommon methods applied towards such a judgment.
- Gulf states urge Britain to expel Bahrain Shia
The six GCC states urged Britain “to deal seriously with Shia groups and individuals supporting Shia… and not to grant them political asylum, or allow them to exploit the climate of freedom to damage the security and stability of member countries.”
- Bahrain Shia activists must receive a fair trial
Amnesty International has urged the Bahraini authorities to ensure a fair trial for 23 Shia Muslim activists.
- Bangladesh ready to celebrate ‘holy Quran 1400 years’
Bangladeshi State Minister for religious affairs Advocate M Shahjahan Mian said Bangladesh is fully prepared to celebrate the commemoration of the 1400 years of revelation of the Holy Quran this year along with other Muslim countries in the world.
- Ancient Islamic coins found in Germany
German archaeologists said that they have found 82 pieces of Islamic coins dating back to 1200 years.
- Conspiracies to Ccreate Shia-Sunni Conflict to be Foiled
LAHORE, Pakistan — JI Ameer, Syed Munawar Hasan has said that Iran and Pakistan have close and strong ties of friendship and all foreign conspiracies for creating a Shia-Sunni conflict will be foiled in the country.
- Pakistani Flood Relief Officer ‘Ignores Shia Village Population’
SIKANDRABAD: Esakhel tehsil resident Girdawar Muhammad Hashim Khan, who is in charge of relief goods has been accused of spreading sectarianism and is ignoring the Shia population of flood victims.
- Indian Muslim clerics in demand abroad during Ramzan
In the holy month of Ramzan, many Muslim clerics – both Shia and Sunni – from Uttar Pradesh are busy abroad. Reason – they have been in great demand as devouts in Gulf countries as also in the US and Europe want them.
- New Call for Election Boycott in Egypt
CAIRO — One of Egypt’s most prominent opposition leaders, the Nobel laureate Mohamed ElBaradei, has issued the strongest call so far for a blanket opposition boycott of parliamentary elections this fall.