- France: Senate Passes Bill on Facial Veils
The French Senate on Tuesday overwhelmingly approved a bill barring women from wearing the full facial veil anywhere in public.
- Saudi Arabia Stands Mute on Holy Quran Desecration
Saudi Arabia once known as Hejaz is the place where the holy Quran was revealed. The Wahhabis run this country on strict and repulsive self-made Islamic Shariat. Country men are throttled in the name of Shariat.
- Indian Muslims condemn desecration of churches
Prominent leaders of India’s large Muslim community have vehemently and unequivocally condemned the desecration of churches in Punjab and Kashmir.
- Police Arrests Top Pakistani Shia Figure “Maulana Hashim Moosavi”
Balochistan Police on Tuesday arrested the Majlis Wehdat Muslimeen (MWM) Central leader Maulana Syed Hashim Moosavi along with three activists of MWM from Quetta.
- Holy Najaf Police Caught Saudi Smugglers
Iraqi borer guards have detained five Saudi arms dealers in the southern province of Najaf while trying to smuggle weapons, ammunition and drugs into the country.
- Saudi closes Wahhabi fatwa websites
RIYADH: Islam Today website, run by Saudi Wahhabi cleric Salman al-Awdah, has closed a section that contains thousands of extremist Islamic religious rulings, or fatwas.
- American Shia Muslims Demand Rebuilding of Jannat Al-Baqee / Rare Pictures
Muslim leaders and people of conscience from across the nation will gather outside the Embassy of the Royal Kingdom of Saudi Arabia on September 17, 2010 to demand the full restoration of the Jannat al-Baqee cemetery in Medina, Saudi Arabia.
- Pro-democracy protest held in Bahrain
Amid increasing pressure on Shias in Bahrain, hundreds of people have staged a rally in Manama to protest Saudi Arabia’s support for the latest crackdown on the majority group.
- Scores killed in a day of US attacks
Scores of people have died in Pakistan over a 24-hour period as a result of missile attacks carried out by the US-flown drones.
- Signs of thaw between Syria and Iraqi PM Maliki
DAMASCUS – Syrian President Bashar al-Assad on Tuesday met an aide to Iraq’s acting prime minister, Nuri al-Maliki, signalling a thaw in ties between the two men that could boost Maliki’s chances of forming a government.