- Cong to field more Muslim candidates in Bihar
Expecting a surge in minority support on the lines of Uttar Pradesh, Congress has decided to field more Muslim candidates in Bihar assembly elections.
- In a first, Deoband to discuss Valley unrest
The Deoband seminary, which has stayed out of Kashmir politics, will host a gathering of Muslim clerics and scholars on October 4 to discuss Kashmir in the backdrop of renewed violence in the Valley.
- Kuwait to withdraw Shia cleric’s citizenship
Kuwait will withdraw the citizenship of a Shia cleric whose so called derogatory remarks about a wife of the Prophet Mohammad fanned sectarian tension.
- 3 Million Copies of Quran Translation to Be Distributed in US
Deputy Culture Minister in Quranic Affairs said in response to the burning of 3 copies of the Quran on anniversary of September 11 attacks, the ministry will publish and distribute 3 million copies of English translation of Quran in the US.
- Islamic Renaissance Party in Tajikistan calls for peace and unity
The opposition Islamic Renaissance Party of Tajikistan on Tuesday called on the people of Tajikistan to promote peace and unity in the context of the recent acts of violence.
- Second attack on Muslim graves at Yorkshire cemetery
A suspected racist attack on Muslim graves at a Yorkshire cemetery has angered and traumatised relatives.
- National Shia Conference on October 3rd at Islamabad
Majlis Wehdat Muslimeen (MWM) on Monday demanded of the government to immediately restore the writ of Government at Kurram Agency Parachanar saying that people of Kurram Agency was suffering the besiege imposed by Taliban from last three years.
- Rangers Firing, 3 Shia martyred 7 injured in Karachi
Three shia muslims are martyred in firing of Pakistan Rangers, the law encorement agency. These people were returning in a bus from the fruneral of Shaheed Tanveer Abbas who was martyred on Sunday evening on 19 th September, 2010 in Nazimabad # 1, Karachi.
- The Saudi Arms Deal and Shia
It would be the single largest foreign arms deal in United States history.
- In a first, BJP set to pick two Muslims for Surat polls
For the first time, the BJP is likely to field two Muslims for the October 10 polls to 114-member Surat Municipal Corporation (SMC) in which it has an overwhelming majority.