- 100 policemen a month die in Afghanistan
Record levels of violence are killing 100 Afghan policemen a month as the lightly-armed and quickly-trained force is thrust into battle against the Taliban.
- Bahrain Cracks Down on Peaceful Shias, Engages in Human Rights Violations
The Islamic Information Center joins the statement by the Arab Program for Human Rights, and reiterates its support for the innocent and peaceful people of Bahrain, who are victims of violent and radical oppression by the Bahraini government.
- Wolof Version of Holy Quran Released
A translation of the holy Quran into Wolof language was unveiled by World Association of Dissemination of Islam (AMAI) in a ceremony inTouba city, Senegal
- UAE bank deposits reach all-time high
Total deposits held by all UAE banks crossed the Dh1 trillion mark and reached at the highest level reflecting investors’ confidence in the country, according to data released by the UAE Central Bank.
- Honoring Arrival of Islam in Russia Endorsed in Tatarstan
A holiday celebrating the introduction of Islam into Russia has just been approved in the Russian republic of Tatarstan. The new holiday will be on 21 May of each year and marks the adoption of Islam by the Volga Bulgars, the ancestors of the present-day Tatars, in 922.
- Muslim clerics oppose further delay in Ayodhya verdict
Lucknow, (IANS) Muslim religious leaders Sunday joined their Hindu counterparts in opposing any further postponement of the Allahabad High Court’s verdict on the Babri Masjid-Ramjanmabhoomi issue, noting both sides have reposed faith in the court’s decision.
- Pakistan Flood Victims to Get Weekly Support from Iran
Commander of the Islamic Republic of Iran Air Force (IRIAF) says the country dispatches 60 tons of humanitarian aid to the flood-stricken Pakistanis every week
- “Ahl-ul-Bayt Status in Quran, Sunnah and Islam” Forum to Be Held in Turkey
Theology faculty of Marmara University in association with Ahl-ul-Bayt institute is to hold an international forum on Ahl-ul-Bayt (AS) Status in the Quran, Sunnah (prophet’s tradition) and Islam.
- Imam Reza (pbuh) Festival to be held by Iran
Iran’s Islamic Culture and Relations Organization (ICRO) is planning to hold the International Imam Reza (PBUH) Festival in thirty different countries.
- Shia-Center Attacked by Armed Terrorist in Brazil + PIC
The Islamic Center of “São Paulo” in Brazil which Belongs to Ahlul-Bayt (a.s) Followers was attacked and Damaged by terrorists.