- AMU students on indefinite dharna
ALIGARH: Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) students on Tuesday staged an indefinite dharna demanding removal of some top university officials who they allege were “crushing” their democratic rights.
- Imam Reza (pbuh) storytelling festival planned
The First Imam Reza Storytelling Festival will be held in Saari, Mazandaran province on October 14.
- 600-year-old mosques discovered in RAK
Two ancient mosques built about 600 years ago have been discovered in Ras Al Khaimah. It was considered the main entrance to the Persian Gulf for people coming from other regions for trade purposes.
- Imam Sadeq (AS) martyrdom mourning Ceremony held at Islamic Development Organization in Qom
The Islamic Development Organization held a mourning ceremony in the holy city of Qom to mark the anniversary of Imam Sadeq (AS) martyrdom.
- Muslim dad takes on teacher
A Durban teacher has been taken to court for allegedly forcing a 12-year-old Muslim pupil to run around a school yard while he was fasting.
- The second International Muslim Artists Exhibition (IMAE2010)
Muslim artists from anywhere in the world are invited to participate in the IMAE2010. Because of the overwhelming inquires and responses received in the last two days, the IMAE2010 artist application deadline has been extended to October 6, 2010.
- Al-Jafaria inaugurates: Marjaiyah sends unity message to Turkish Shiias
A ceremony to inaugurate Al-Jafaria Association in Istanbul, one of biggest cities of Turkey, drew large number of religious and governmental dignitaries from inside and outside the country besides a gathering of some 10,000 people.
- Turkish Muslims slam Saudi move to raze holy sites
Turkey: Turkish Muslims protested against Saudi Arabia’s decision to destroy the birth place of the noblest messenger of Allah Hazrat Muhammad (Peace of Allah be Upon Him and His Household).
- Nawras launches exclusive Alafasy Quran service
Nawras, a Qtel Group company, is delighted to be introducing a new Quran service providing regular Islamic recitations by Shaikh Mishary Rishad Alafasy, delivered directly to customers’ handsets. The service is already being enjoyed by almost half a million people across the region and Nawras is now making it available for the first time in the Sultanate of Oman.
- Suspected insurgents detained in pursuit of Taliban leadership
Afghan and coalition security forces detained several suspected Taliban insurgents in Helmand province Monday while in pursuit of a Taliban leader who commands up to 20 fighters in the Sistani area of Marjah district.